Coating and Finishing
There are a wide range of process line configurations available to plant operators for coating and finishing operations, depending on the specific requirements of their customers. With our detailed expertise in steel end use applications and process technical knowledge, FEC can help you define, specify and implement the right process solution for your plant, whether you are looking to enhance your existing operations or develop new steel coating and finishing facilities.
Coating and finishing processes such as galvanising and colour coating are applied to steel products to improve their properties, such as corrosion resistance, and to enhance their appearance, for particular end use applications such as in automotive, architecture and domestic appliances sectors. Often, there are stringent requirements for physical and mechanical properties for processed and coated steel products such as pickled, galvanised and colour coated steel. Surface quality, ductility and strength can be particularly important.
FEC can provide comprehensive and customised engineering, consultancy and project management services to help you identify and implement the most suitable process solution for your facility based on your customer requirements and your intended market segments. Our expertise covers:
- Processing lines
- Pickling lines
- Batch and continuous annealing lines
- Coating lines
- Galvanising lines
- Tinplating lines
- Colour coating lines
- Service Lines
- Cut to length lines
- Slitting lines
- Recoiling lines
Our services are provided for coating and finishing facilities for carbon steels, alloy steels and stainless steels. In addition to the core process lines, we can advice on related facilities such as acid regeneration plant for picking lines and energy recovery facilities so that you can improve the sustainability of your operations and reduce operating costs.
Our services include:
- Concept development and option studies
- Advice on technology selection
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies from pre-feasibility study level to bankable feasibility studies
- Technical due-diligence studies
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Tender management and procurement
- Design reviews
- Project Management Consultant (PMC) services
- Quality assurance and manufacturing surveillance
- Supervision of construction and commissioning
- Provision of maintenance schemes
- Operational assistance
- Performance studies
- Health and safety performance reviews and optimisation advice
- Environmental performance reviews and optimisation advice.