Health and Safety Consulting
Managing health and safety effectively is critical to every project or business. FEC provides health and safety consulting services across a range of industries both for ongoing operations and during the construction stage of projects.
Industrial plants and projects typically involve significant amounts of equipment and machinery and the potential for health and safety hazards occurring can be high, if not effectively managed. We work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and provide customised health and safety advisory services, helping to incorporate health and safety considerations into operational and project activities as early as possible, where they have the greatest impact.
Our in-depth technical and operational expertise across a range of industries means that FEC is uniquely placed to advise on potential health and safety hazards and operational risks at every stage of project execution through to start of operations and help you implement appropriate mitigation strategies. Our advice is based on industry best practice and is designed to help minimise the risk of any health and safety issues arising in the first place.
FEC can assist with:
- Producing project or operational health and safety plans that are in line with the local laws and regulations, your requirements as the client, any relevant contractor requirements as well as any other applicable rules, regulations and procedures
- Providing health and safety management resources to supplement existing organisations to manage health and safety on site, carry out regular inspections as well as ensuring that high standards of safety are maintained
- Establishing a health and safety induction programme so that all project personnel, contractors and visitors to projects sites are aware of, and comply with, the health and safety procedures.
We can assist you with meeting the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) in the UK for your projects. This includes:
- Assistance with preparing health and safety plans
- Review and identification of any areas where there may be shortfalls in meeting the regulations
- Site health and safety supervision
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies.
Utilising our expertise in a wide variety of industries, including some of the most hazardous, FEC can support and advise our clients in discussions and negotiations with regulatory authorities and insurance companies as well as provide expert witness services.